Village of Glen Flora
The Village of Glen Flora began as a settlement called Miller’s Siding, a name that lasted just one year. The railroad came through in 1886, and in 1887, the first post office was established. Three of the early settlers arrived about 1885 and homesteaded land in the area. These people still have descendants living in this area, namely the John Edming, Mike Ward, and John LaPorte families. Within a short time, three large sawmills were in operation and lumber, shingles, ties, and barrel stoves were shipped in by rail.
Since that time Glen Flora has become the center of a farming community. Also, the village has an active industrial park that includes Artisans, which employs more than 250 people in a 120,000-square-foot facility.